A lifelong fisherman, Todd Spire (Lic. # 7768) relocated to the Catskills in 2008 and has been fishing the Esopus Creek for over 10 years. Todd offers fly fishing instruction for beginners as well as advanced casting techniques to experienced anglers. Skilled in dry and wet fly presentations he also specializes in tight-line nymphing in the traditional Catskill style. He is a board member of the Ashokan-Pepacton Chapter of Trout Unlimited, and served as its Secretary for several years. His photography has been featured in Eastern Fly Fishing Magazine, and recently won the Orvis 2017 Fly Fishing Photo Contest. In 2012, he wrote a column for the Poughkeepsie Journal entitled Healthy Rivers about issues surrounding post Hurricane Irene clean-up and the future of protecting cold water trout fisheries. The turbidity that followed Irene inspired the design of his fly The New American, a modernized hybrid of the traditional Pheasant Tail with Gordon Hill’s popular fly, the Nymphomaniac. The New American is included alongside several classic Catskill patterns in the Jerry Bartlett Angling Collection in Phoenica, NY. Since founding Esopus Creel in 2017 he been featured in Edible Magazine, And North and Escape Brooklyn.
Hours and Rates:
- Half Day (4 hours) – $250
- Full Day (8 hours) – $400
- Weekday Special – 6 hours for half-day price ~ 9am-3pm/12pm-6pm
- Wader rental – $35
- You will also need to procure a NY State fishing license. Day licenses are $5 for residents, $10 for out-of-state. Licenses may be purchased online
- Snacks & drinks provided with all trips
- All other gear & flies provided
To book this Experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 798-9093.