Dominic Derasse is an expert outdoorsman who started mountaineering at the age of 14 in the Southern Alps and has ventured on trails and mountains in Europe, Africa, North America, South America, and Oceania. He has taken his passion for the outdoors to many levels seeking instruction in survival techniques as well as many other areas related to life in the outdoors and the remote areas of wilderness found around the world.
Leadership & Safety: Dominic has used his expertise to volunteer as an EMT, firefighter, and SAR. He also took courses as a Canyoneering Guide, did avalanche rescue on Mt. Washington, NH and has experience in swift water rescue in Arizona. Dominic is also CPR certified.
Standard Trips and Rates:
- The Shingle Gully Ice Caves (Advanced Difficulty): This hike is 3.75 miles in distance but takes 6 hours to complete. 1500 feet of elevation gain which brings you to the most remote, preserve area with trails! $95 per person, advanced notice required (only available weekdays). Can accommodate up to 13 people.
- Breakneck Ridge (Moderate/Advanced Difficulty): This hike is 2.5 - 3 miles and takes 2.5 - 4 hours depending on group pace. Very popular hike with beautiful views of the Hudson River and Storm King Mountain! $65 per person, up to 20 people.
- Giant Stairs (Moderate/Advanced Difficulty): This hike is 3.8 miles in distance and takes 2.5 - 4 hours to complete. It is a demanding hike, but also very rewarding with beautiful views and a waterfall. $65 per person, up to 20 people
Customized trips: Customized trips are available should Dominic deem the trail safe and within a comfortable skill level.
- Close to NYC: Within 40 miles to Columbus Circle, NY will include a 3-hour standard hike with no equipment necessary. $65 per person, up to 14 people.
- Further out from NYC: Farther than 40 miles from Columbus Circle, NY will include a 3-hour standard hike with no equipment necessary. $85 per person, up to 14 people.
Food & Beverage: Water and snacks will be provided to campers free of charge.
To book this Experience, please email email@example.com or call (888) 798-9093.