Congratulations! You've reached the end of a fun-filled camping season with Tentrr. Now its time to take down and pack away your campsite to keep it safe until next season.
When it comes to packing away and winterizing your campsite, following each step very closely is very important! Please read through all instructions before beginning and print them out if necessary.
- 14 eye-hook bolts
- 100 feet of Nylon rope
- Tentrr provided storage tub
- Tentrr provided tarp
- A few ready-to-go helpers
PREPARE YOUR TENT AND STORAGE TUB
- Move bunk bed 1 foot forward, away from the back of the tent.
- Be sure all equipment and components remain at least 2 feet from the edge of the tent before you finish up!
- Crack open the windows in the tent about 1 inch for winter ventilation.
- Deflate air mattresses and roll the air out of it leaving the valve open. Then roll and fold the mattresses to fit in your storage tub.
- Empty your Tentrr-provided storage box.
- All elements of your campsite that can't withstand critters should be placed inside your storage tub. We suggest including all items essential for your campsite like your solar shower, fire extinguisher, mattress pumps, loo bags, grilling equipment, and collapsible water jug.
If you have a Coleman cot, gently collapse and pack it into its original packaging, then neatly stack campsite components in the center of your tent. The instructions below will help guide you through tarping your canvas tent with your CampKit inside.
STORE CAMPSITE FURNITURE
- Place empty side tables on bottom bunk.
- Place Tentrr loo and bucket on bottom bunk.
- Place storage tote full of campsite essentials on bottom bunk.
- Place both benches and bunk ladder on the top bunk.
- Place Adirondack Chairs on bottom bunk, stacking them.
DISMANTLE AND STORE WOOD STOVE
- Be sure your Stove is empty and clear of all debris.
- Remove stove pipe in sections, and place under the bottom bunk. When removing the stove pipe, we suggest having one person inside the tent, and one outside of the tent to be sure the pipe does not get damaged.
- Place stove on the left side of the bed, and the stone under the bed. Close the stove pipe flap.
CLOSE YOUR TENT
- Bring your camp box and table into the tent, at the foot of the bed. Have one person on each side of your table, with one hand on the orange metal side bracket and the other on your table top. This will keep both parts of your CampBox together while it's moving!
- Close interior screen followed by exterior zippers and buckles at the front of your tent.
INSTALL BRACKETS FOR ROPE
- You will need to install brackets to tie your ropes down to the side of the platform. We use 1/4”x4” eye bolts that are available at your local hardware store for approx. $.80/ea.
- 100ft of Nylon rope is required for tie down of the tarp to platform. Tie all ropes as shown to the side of the platform by removing the metal fastening device from the bottom of each rope. Run the ropes through the eyelets and re-attach the metal fastening bracket. You can then tighten and fasten your ropes directly to your platform.
TIE THE TARP AND FINISH UP
- Drape your tarp over the tent from front to back making sure it is even on all sides. We suggest to start draping your tarp over the tent starting in the front, since you can stand on the platform. Be sure to cover the top and sides completely. The front and back of your tent will be partially exposed.
- Tie down your tarp by threading the rope through the metal holes in your tarp.
- Once tied down, be sure to remove all of the slack in your nylon rope and re-secure.
- It is recommended, but not required, to spray your tarp with a clear spray silicone after you have put it up, so that all snow and moisture can roll off the tent with greater ease. We suggest Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray, which can be found at local hardware stores.
After snowfall, be sure to brush snow off of roof as needed!
If you have a Coleman cot, you can also check out alternative takedown instructions here.