Helpful tips for protecting yourself and your guests from illness
Tentrr provides unique getaways for travelers seeking destinations that will allow them to relax and unwind in peaceful solitude. Although COVID-19 has created uncertainty in the short-term rental industry, with enhanced cleaning practices and careful site maintenance, your campsite can remain the perfect place for guests to vacation safely, away from crowds. Here are some tips to help our CampKeepers continue to offer a safe escape for campers.
- Provide guests with extra potable water, paper towels, soaps and disinfectants to use during their stay
Having an increased supply of water at your site for hand washing and cleaning will help ensure guests are able to remain sanitary during their stay, minimizing the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Update the map to your campsite to allow campers to self-check in
Understandably, guests across the travel industry are concerned about the impacts of Covid-19 on their vacation plans. We’ve opted you into the self-check in feature, which in turn can help slow the spread of Covid-19. To make it easy for everyone involved, we send a detailed map to your campsite and driving directions with every confirmation email. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, want to hear more about self check-in or want to take a look at your map to make sure it’s correct!
- Upon checkout, thoroughly clean and disinfect your campsite
- Be sure to wear gloves to protect yourself as you turn over your site between guests.
- Pay extra attention to surfaces touched most often - for example, tent zippers/clasps, the Tentrr loo, tables, benches and chairs, and the wood stove/heaters.
- Let cleaning solutions stand for 3-5 minutes before wiping down surfaces, to allow for maximum disinfection.
- If you provide linens for your guests, be sure to wash everything after every camper in high-heat water with proper detergents.
- As always - wash your hands!
- Be sure to monitor and adjust your availability calendar if you are uncomfortable hosting campers at this time
- This is also a useful tool for CampKeepers who desire more time in between bookings to thoroughly clean their sites, by blocking one or two days after guests check-out.